Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fluent Meow Spoken Here


We love cats. More specifically, we love our cats. Some people think we're absolutely crazy to own FOUR cats, but for us it just works. I have always loved cats and once I was out on my own I immediately adopted my first cat, Kiya. Sadly, Kiya had a serious medical condition and did not make it to her 2nd birthday. I was devastated. My wonderful mom helped me through this difficult time and encouraged to become a cat-mom again. I was soon living happily with Piper and Prue. My mom always asked me, "what are you going to do when you meet the perfect man, and he doesn't like cats?" My response was always that the perfect man, would indeed love cats and if he did not, well then he was not my perfect man.
When I met Michael, he had very little experience with cats, but took to Piper and Prue right away. When we moved into our house I happened to see Linus and Lucy at PetsMart, and they became part of the family. One of things that I love intensely about my husband is his heart. And in the past few days I have been reminded just how wonderful his heart is.
We took a visit to the vet and found that our youngest cat, Lucy, has some potentially very serious dental issues. My first thought was to trust the vetr and fix, although she wanted to do a pretty serious procedure. Yet my husband encouraged me to look at all options and to really consider getting a second opinion. I am happy to say that his patience with me and his instincts were right. After talking to the original vet multiple times, it has become clear that she is not an expert in this area and is potentially getting her information off the same pet websites that I am. Bottom line: if I had simply trusted and fixed without considering all options I would possibly have a cat with NO teeth and would be out a chunk of change.
Time will only tell what needs to happen with Lucy and her dental situation, but we are hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment