Monday, December 12, 2011

December Starts with a Bang!

Figuratively and literally. In the Pretekin household, December began with...the stomach flu. Yuck. I was the first to get hit. I haven't had the stomach flu in 10 years and had a flu shot!  Out of work and in bed for two days straight. Michael and I did our best to minimize Graham's exposure to me. I don't even want to think about a 1-year-old with the stomach flu. Double yuck. Just as I was on the mend, Michael got hit. He got sick Friday morning, so Graham and I headed off to my parent's house in Evergreen for the weekend. We weren't taking any chances. The trip was unexpected, we missed M, but did end up having a pretty great time. Graham really loved the Christmas tree. We also headed down to an outlet mall where G and I rode the carousel, and G got some new kicks. Since Graham is running and walking everywhere, all the time, I figured it was time to get him some proper shoes. So cute (and a good deal)!


 


Michael was feeling better by Sunday, so we headed home.  Then, last Friday, we had our literal bang.  Graham and I were leaving daycare for the day and his bag got caught up in a snowflake decoration that had come loose.  Next thing I know I'm falling and trying desperately to hang on to Graham with one arm (my other arm is caught up in the bag, in the decoration).  Luckily I was able to hang on to Graham, so he didn't come flying out of my arm and land really hard on the cement (he could have broken something - yikes!!).  He did however slide face first on the cement once we had come crashing down.  He ended up having a bloody lip, but luckily (again, I mean, it was terrifying at that moment and I felt so horrible, but he could have gotten hurt so much worse) he didn't hit any of those brand new pearly whites.  Here's a look at the damage:



As hard as he cried in that moment, 5 minutes later it was no big deal.  He didn't seem too bothered by what I'm sure was the first of many cuts/scraps/bumps/bruises.  He's happily back to investigating anything with wheels, our cellphones, and just having fun with his papa!




And please excuse all of the pictures containing wet bibs.  My drool-factory of a child is working on some serious teeth, therefore making bibs the latest wardrobe necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment