Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tummy Troubles






"After switching to a different brand of bottles about a month ago, feeding time has gone much more smoothly. He is still eating the soy formula and doing well with that."

~Posted on Jan. 27, 2011


Boy, did I ever jinx us with that post. A few days after I posted that, Graham started throwing up quite a bit on a regular basis. I immediately recognized that it was when we first switched him to formula all over again. Luckily, this time I felt like I knew what to do and reassured myself with a quick call to the pediatrician. Graham's next few bottle were Pedialyte, so that he wouldn't get dehydrated and we could flush his system out. I made the decision to switch his formula to the hypoallergenic kind, as I really felt that he had developed a sensitivty to the soy. We were told when we first moved him to the soy that many kids who had the milk protein sensitivty also had a soy sensitivity and it could take awhile to manifest. While the hypoallergenic smells awful, G seems to like it and has been doing much better. Hopefully this will help with some of our feeding issues - fingers crossed.


Despite having tummy issues, Graham was the happy baby that he always is!

Untitled from Jenny Pretekin on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment