Saturday, August 25, 2012

No Need For Supernanny!

Graham moved to his toddler bed!  I was a little nervous at first about him getting up constantly during the night and me having to bring him back to bed (his 2-3 hour daily naps and 12 hour stretches overnight have definitely spoiled me...he has always been such a great sleeper that I never became the dreaded "zombie mom").

The first day he got up twice during his nap, right at the beginning.  This was his very first time sleeping out of his crib, so I think he was just checking it all out.  That night he got up 5 times in the first hour and a half.  After that he slept through the night.

The second day he did not get up at all during naptime. At night he got up twice, once within the first hour and later in the night the second time.

The third day he did not get up at all during naptime. He did not get up at all during the night. It can't be this easy right? I mean, I've seen "Supernanny" where those kids get out of bed 137 times...

The fourth day was the exact same as day three.

**UPDATE** It has been nearly a month since Graham moved into his toddler bed. You know what? It was that easy! He never gets out of bed at naptime or during the night. When he wakes up, he simply sits in bed and WAITS for me or Michael to come into the room and get him. Clearly he picks up on new routines quickly...next up, attempting potty training?




No comments:

Post a Comment